Professor Mushtak Al-Atabi is a professor of mechanical engineering and currently the Provost and CEO of Heriot-Watt University, Malaysia. His research focuses on thermofluids, renewable energy, biomechanical engineering, and engineering education. He has a Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering. His current post is the Professor of Mechanical Engineering, currently the Provost and CEO of Heriot-Watt University, Malaysia.
He is an Honorary Chair at the School of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Birmingham (UK), Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Engineering Science & Technology, Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (FIMechE) and a Member of the executive committee of the Global Engineering Deans Council.
Professor Al-Atabi has published three books, “Think Like an Engineer”, “Shoot the Boss”, and “Driving Performance: Empowering People and Unleashing Potential” and he has numerous research publications, awards and honours.
Mushtak has been featured in articles and has written regularly for the Malaysian newspapers.
- On the Right Track
- Promoting Happiness among Employees and Students
- Revolutionising Online Education
- When Knowledge Transcends Learning
- Academics Join Senior Management Team
- Relevance of Soft Skills and Gratitude
- Views on Future-Proofing of Graduates
- Return on Failure
- Need for New Skills and Mindsets.